- "Still resisting? Unwise."
- ―A KX-series security droid
KX-series security droids, also referred to as enforcer droids, were a model of security droid manufactured by Arakyd Industries that was in service to the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War.
- "KX droids have a long range of combat capabilities, excellent probability analysis algorithms, and direct access to the Imperial datanet."
Arakyd Industries KX series Enforcer droids came equipped with a built-in comm package, recharge port, and a computer interface arm that allowed them to connect with standard communication frequencies for areas they were assigned to. The Imperial crest was imprinted on the side of each shoulder, one of which could be emblazoned in gold if the droid had received an enhanced status. The droids were designed with exaggerated human proportions but with the mobility of a human athlete. They were able to operate a variety or tools and equipment and can carry gear without becoming exhausted.
While the Imperial Senate had prohibited the creation of battle droids, Arakyd was able to use a loophole in the law by marketing the KX-series as "security droids." They were programmed without the standard restriction against harming organic sentient lifeforms.
The KX-series droids were programmed to speak and interact with people, but were not as proficient at it as protocol droids were. They could handle a wide range of tasks, including escorting dignitaries, protecting important people and defending Imperial installations. The droids were also programmed to recognize and defer to Imperial Military officers ranked Lieutenant or higher.
Behind the scenesEdit
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- ↑ Dawn of Rebellion
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Last Shot
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Adventures in Wild Space: The Rescue
- ↑ Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order takes place five years after the Great Jedi Purge, which is dated to 19 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Therefore, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, in which the droids appear, is set in 14 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order