Kaadu were creatures native and indigenous to the planet Naboo. During a fight on the Great Grass Plains, kaadu were deployed with fambaas to support the Gungan Grand Army to fight off the Trade Federation battle droids.
Behind the scenesEdit
Originally, the kaadu were to be native Tatooine beasts of burden. However, due to the evolving story of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, which called for the Gungans to be beast-riding soldiers, the kaadu was transported to Naboo, and the eopie was created in its place from modified concept art of the kaadu. Upon their transfer to Naboo, the kaadu were given aquatic characteristics, particularly a duck-billed snout and smoother skin.
Kaadu sounds were provided by recordings of pigs' grunts and whales' breaths.
Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia classifies kaadu as reptavians, while Ultimate Star Wars and the Databank say they are avians. As the species has more reptavian than avian traits, this article uses the former classification.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- "Raiders of the Lost Gundark"—Star Wars Adventures 18
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy" (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo (as food)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Lost Crystals of Qalydon"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "A Perilous Rescue"
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Kaadu)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z
- Star Wars: Alien Archive