- "The previous commander of Coruscant Security also made demands for more soldiers, Moff Kadir. You shall make do with what we provide. Unless you'd rather share your predecessor's fate."
- ―Darth Vader
Moff Kadir's father, a Human male, served as the Commander of the Coruscant Security Force before the Battle of Yavin. By 0 BBY, he was executed for voicing his opinions too much by requesting more soldiers to secure the Imperial capital planet Coruscant. He was replaced as the commander of Coruscant Security by his son Kadir.
Behind the scenes
Kadir's father was first mentioned in Empire 1, written by Scott Allie as the first issue in the Star Wars: Empire series of comics and published by Dark Horse Comics on September 4, 2002. Although originally only identified as Moff Kadir's predecessor in Empire 1, The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia further stated that he was Moff Kadir's father.
- Empire 1 (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Kadir, Moff")
Notes and references
- Empire 1 states that its events are set weeks before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 0 BBY. Therefore, Kadir's father death, mentioned in Empire 1, must take place by 0 BBY.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 191 ("Kadir, Moff")
- Empire 1
- Republic Commando: Triple Zero