- "Corvette Five locked on target. Prepare for impact."
- ―Captain Kado Oquoné to his crew
Kado Oquoné was a human male who served as a captain in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. During the Battle of Scarif, Oquoné was in command of the Sphyrna-class Hammerhead corvette Lightmaker.
After his ship was damaged he took it away from the line of fire to guard the line of retreat. Late in the battle, Admiral Raddus ordered Oquoné to ram his corvette into the side of a disabled Star Destroyer, causing it to crash into the second Star Destroyer and then into the Shield Gate protecting Scarif. This disabled the Shield Gate and allowed the Rebels on Scarif to transmit the Death Star plans to Raddus. The Lightmaker, along with its skeleton crew, was destroyed in the crash. Oquoné's actions resulted in the capture of the Death Star plans by the Rebels, which were later used to exploit a weakness in the battle station and destroy it during the Battle of Yavin.
Behind the scenes
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (First identified as Kado Oquoné)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story audiobook (First identified as Kado Oquoné)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 79 (Highlights of the Saga: The Battle of Scarif)
- Star Wars: Battles that Changed the Galaxy