- "A former Imperial scientist was working in a bio-genetics lab on Talus. He was in charge of genetic experiments aiming to transform the goat-like murra from Corellia into an efficient all-terrain fighting animal. The resulting creature was named a kahmurra."
- ―Yondalla, to a spacer
The kahmurra, also known as khmurra, was a herbivorous herd animal with bristley hide and tusks that lived on Talus.
Description[edit | edit source]
Kahmurra were genetically engineered creatures derived from the goat-like murras of the planet Corellia. This species was generated by a former Imperial scientist in a biogenetic research station on Talus. The objective of those experiments was to develop an all-terrain hunting beast.
History[edit | edit source]
- "I purchased a specially bred kahmurra to guard my house. The bio-engineer I bought it from said he had a lab filled with resources that increased both their viciousness and their loyalty. Well, he was only half right. It killed my whole family"
- ―A commoner, to a spacer
Despite the successful development of the kahmurra species, the Empire considered the project a failure and cancelled all funding. The research facility was officially closed and the kahmurra specimens then ran wild on Talus. Several wild kahmurras were later captured and trained but with great difficulty.
Nevertheless, several bio-engineers continued to work in the Kahmurra Biogenetic Research Station. During the Galactic Civil War, a commoner living in Dearic bought a khmurra to a bio-engineer working at the biogenetic research station in order to guard his house. However, the creature killed his whole family.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Corellian Corvette Pre-Quest: "Yondalla"
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Loading Screen: "Kahmurra" on Talus
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Point of Interest: "Kahmurra Biogenetic Research Station" on Talus
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Herald NPC: "A commoner" on Talus