- "A former Imperial scientist was working in a bio-genetics lab on Talus. He was in charge of genetic experiments aiming to transform the goat-like murra from Corellia into an efficient all-terrain fighting animal. The resulting creature was named a kahmurra, though the Empire considered it a failure and cancelled all funding."
- ―Yondalla, to a spacer
History[edit | edit source]
- "I purchased a specially bred khmurra to guard my house. The bio-engineer I bought it from said he had a lab filled with resources that increased both their viciousness and their loyalty. Well, he was only half right. It killed my whole family"
- ―A commoner, to a spacer
The Kahmurra Biogenetic Research Station was a bio-genetics laboratory founded by the Galactic Empire on the planet Talus, in the Corellian system. The objective of the research conducted in the lab was to develop an all-terrain hunting beast. Imperial scientists successfully generated a new animal species, the kahmurra, a genetically engineered creature derived from the goat-like murras from Corellia. However, the Empire considered the project a failure and cancelled all funding. The research facility was officially closed and the kahmurra specimens then ran wild on Talus. Nevertheless, several bio-engineers continued to work in the Kahmurra Biogenetic Research Station.
During the Galactic Civil War, a commoner living in Dearic bought a khmurra to a scientist working at the biogenetic research station in order to guard his house. However, the creature killed his whole family.
After the Battle of Yavin, Jabba the Hutt dispatched an assassin to eliminate the scientist leading the kahmurra project but the assassin failed in his mission and was captured in the bio-genetics laboratory. Jabba's lieutenant Yondalla later recruited a spacer to recover a CorSec prisoner transfer document in the Kahmurra Biogenetic Research Station.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Point of Interest: "Kahmurra Biogenetic Research Station" on Talus
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Corellian Corvette Pre-Quest: "Yondalla"
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Loading Screen: "Kahmurra" on Talus
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Herald NPC: "A commoner" on Talus