- "Spaceport's in burning little chunks."
- ―Shanra Immel, to Colonel Jace Malcom
Kalandis Seven was a desolate planet in the Kalandis system, located in the Pallis sector within the Inner Rim. In 3640 BBY, Kalandis Seven was invaded and occupied by the reconstituted Sith Empire sometime after the Battle of Corellia. The Galactic Republic's military forces on the surface struggled to keep a foothold while the Republic and Imperial Navies fought above the planet. During the battle, a Republic squad on the planet's surface, including Sergeant Shanra Immel and Colonel Jace Malcom, was chosen to destroy the local spaceport. The squad's mission was ultimately successful.
Description[edit | edit source]
The planet Kalandis Seven was an alien world located in the Kalandis system, within the Pallis sector of the Inner Rim. Kalandis Seven was a harsh world that did not have any surface water of its own. Its terrain was made up of canyons, cliffs, and cracked plains. The planet featured an atmosphere that was breathable by Humans, waterless fog, and low gravity.
History[edit | edit source]
In 3640 BBY, during the Galactic War, the renewed conflict between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire, Kalandis Seven was invaded and occupied by the Sith Empire. Sometime after the Imperials withdrew from Corellia, the Republic's military forces on the planet's surface struggled to keep a foothold as the Republic Navy engaged the Imperial armada for control of the planet. Republic Sergeant Shanra Immel's squad was given a mission to destroy the local spaceport, with Republic Special Forces Division Colonel Jace Malcom assigned as an advisor to her squad. During the mission, a Sith planetary command ship landed, and Malcom amended the mission to include the ship's capture. He alone went to capture the command ship, while Immel's squad went to destroy the spaceport. In the end, the command ship self-destructed, and the mission to destroy the spaceport was successful.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The planet Kalandis Seven was first mentioned as a desolate alien world within The Essential Reader's Companion, a reference book released on October 2, 2012. Kalandis Seven first appeared and was first identified by name within the pages of Alexander Freed's short story, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, which was released on October 23, 2012 as part of Star Wars Insider 137.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137 (First appearance) (First identified as Kalandis Seven)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Essential Reader's Companion (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Kalandis system — Based on corresponding data for
- "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia establish that the finales of the class storylines for Star Wars: The Old Republic occur in 3640 BBY, and the subsequent Battle of Ilum at the end of that same year. "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom" takes place between the Battle of Corellia and the events of The Old Republic: Annihilation, both of which occur in 3640 BBY; thus, the story must also occur in 3640 BBY. and