- Numa: "A totem passed down the line of a Twi'lek family. It honors all who have come before."
- Gobi Glie: "Each parent adds to the artwork to include themselves in the legacy."
- Sabine Wren: "Hmm. Family history as living art."
- ―Numa, Gobi Glie and Sabine Wren talk about the Kalikori[src]
The Kalikori was a revered Twi'lek heirloom passed from parent to child through generations. According to traditions, each parent of a certain Twi'lek lineage made additions to the family artwork, to include themselves in the family legacy. Though materially worthless to outsiders, it was held as beyond value by the family it belonged to.
- "It is a pity our first encounter might well be our last. I will keep your Kalikori in a place of honor."
"If I knew you'd take it, I would've smashed it when I had the chance."
- ―Thrawn and Hera Syndulla
In 2 BBY,[source?] some members of the early rebellion including Hera Syndulla, and Hera's father Cham undertook a mission to the Syndulla residence, which was located in the Tann Province on the planet Ryloth and occupied by the Galactic Empire, to get their family's Kalikori back. The mission failed and the Kalikori was eventually taken by Grand Admiral Thrawn of the Galactic Empire, to be added to his collection. Some time later, Thrawn established a base of operations at the Lothal Imperial Factory, including an office from which he could strategize his next moves. The Syndulla Kalikori was one of the artworks which he would often examine in his quest to destroy the rebellion. The Syndulla Kalikori was then taken to Thrawn's office aboard his command ship, the Imperial Star Destroyer Chimaera. Thrawn left it in his office at the Imperial Complex following his interrogation of General Hera Syndulla. Jarrus retrieved it and returned to Hera. In 1 BBY,[source?] following Kanan Jarrus' death, on the recommendation of Chopper, Hera added Jarrus to her Kalikori. With this act of adding a new piece to the Kalikori, Hera made Kanan an official honorary member of the Syndulla family.
Behind the scenesEdit
"Kalikori" is a word that first appeared in the 2011 Star Wars Legends video game Star Wars: The Old Republic as the Kalikori village, a Twi'lek settlement on the planet Tython. According to the in-game codex, the village was named after an old Twi'leki word for "beginning".
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars Rebels – "Hera's Heroes" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes"
- Thrawn: Alliances (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn: Alliances audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Jedi Night"
- Star Wars Rebels – "DUME"
- Doctor Aphra 35
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Star Wars Rebels – "Hera's Heroes"
- ↑ Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities
- ↑ Star Wars: Alien Archive
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Jedi Night"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "DUME"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Jedi Temple (Tython)"