- "Pirates have troubled the star systems near the Kalki Nebula for centuries, using bases inside the nebula for hit-and-run attacks."
- ―Paige Tico
The Kalki Nebula was a nebula located in the Cassander sector, a part of the Trans-Hydian Borderlands region. Around 34 ABY, the Resistance gunner Paige Tico wrote in her journal that pirates had been building bases inside the nebula for centuries, allowing them to organize hit-and-run attacks on nearby star systems.
Behind the scenesEdit
Kalki Nebula was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the 2017 replica journal book The Last Jedi: Bomber Command, written by Jason Fry. The nebula was originally introduced in the Star Wars Legends continuity in the 2004 Wizards of the Coast sourcebook Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds.
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- ↑ Paige Tico shared her knowledge on the Kalki Nebula before the Resistance's missions against the pirates in the Cassander sector. According to The Last Jedi: Bomber Command, those missions took place shortly before the Atterra campaign. The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron indicates the Atterra campaign was concurrent with the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY.
- ↑ Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds