The Kalki Nebula was a treacherous Outer Rim Territories nebula located in the Cassander sector. Long before 3643 BBY, a frigate became adrift in the nebula. When the unresponsive starship emerged from the nebula around that year, an individual boarded it and recovered its navigational data as well as some of its cargo. The Kalki Nebula later became a part of the Tendrannan sector of the Galactic Empire.
The Kalki Nebula was a treacherous nebula that constituted a part of the star cluster that eventually became the Tendrannan sector, a subsector of the Cassander sector in the New Territories portion of the Outer Rim Territories. The nebula shared its name with two astronomical objects in the Garqi system: the planet Kalki and the asteroid field known as Kalki's Braid.
Long before the struggle between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire, a frigate with cargo aboard became adrift in the Kalki Nebula. Around 3643 BBY, the frigate, unresponsive yet well-preserved by vacuum, emerged from the nebula.
Shortly after the starship's emergence, an individual affiliated with one of the factions in the ongoing Republic–Sith Empire conflict dispatched a companion to board the vessel, which appeared to be a trading ship. The companion subsequently recovered the frigate's navigation logs and some of its preserved cargo.
When the Galactic Empire later divided the domain known as the Cassandran Worlds into subsectors, the Kalki Nebula and the parsecs of half-explored space surrounding it became a part of the Tendrannan sector. The Kalki Nebula subsequently was situated in the territory of the Pentastar Alignment between 4 ABY and 12 ABY and fell within the borders of the Imperial Remnant between 12 ABY and 13 ABY.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds (First mentioned)
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (Picture only)
Notes and references
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Archaeology Crew Skill mission: "A Forgotten Journey"
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 111 ("Cassandran Worlds")
- Per the reasoning here, Act I of Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place around 3643 BBY. Since players of The Old Republic can assign their companions on the mission "A Forgotten Journey" independently of the main class storyline at any point during the game, the mission must take place at some point around 3643 BBY.
- A map included in The Essential Guide to Warfare places an astronomical object The Essential Atlas identifies as the Kalki Nebula in the territory controlled by the Imperial Remnant between 12 ABY and 13 ABY.