Kalya Zal was a Human female from the planet Zakuul who lived during the final decades of the Eternal Empire. The daughter of two Knights of Zakuul, Kalya was Force-sensitive like her mother and father, and she joined the prophetic Scions of Zakuul. When her parents died during the Battle of Scyva decades before 3630 BBY, Kalya was left to raise her six-year-old brother Indo herself.
Although Indo was not a Force-user himself, Kalya taught him how to influence people, fit in with the Zakuulan elite, and rise in the social structure of the Eternal Empire, leading him to become a famous entertainer and fixer. However, in 3636 BBY, Emperor Arcann ordered his sister, High Justice Vaylin, to execute the Scions, and Kalya Zal was among the casualties. Indo was devastated by her death and, in an effort to avenge Kalya, worked his way into Vaylin's service so that he could get close to her and eventually bring her down.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne (First mentioned) (Codex entry)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne—Codex: "Indo Zal"
- According to Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire takes place in 3636 BBY and the ninth chapter in 3630 BBY. The expansion states that the Outlander woke up five years after the events of the first chapter, placing Chapters II through VIII in 3631 BBY. The Codex entry for Indo Zal establishes that Kalya Zal was among the victims of Arcann's execution of the Scions of Zakuul, and the Codex entry for the Scions place that event at the very start of Arcann's reign as Emperor, which begins in Chapter I of Knights of the Fallen Empire. Thus, Kalya Zal's death must occur in 3636 BBY as well. , the first chapter of
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire—Codex: "Zakuul"
- According to Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne and Game Updates released in 2016 can be placed in 3630 BBY. The Codex entry for Indo Zal, who is a grown adult during the events of Knights of the Eternal Throne, states that the Battle of Scyva occurred when Zal was six years old, and Zal is middle-aged during the events of Eternal Throne; thus, the battle must occur well before the events of Eternal Throne in 3630 BBY. , the events of
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire—Codex: "Scions of Zakuul"