- "We believe Grievous is planning a Separatist attack on Kamino."
"But the Republic blockade is far too strong. They would not dare."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Lama Su
During the Clone Wars, a Galactic Republic blockade was established to protect the planet Kamino from the Separatist Alliance. During the Battle of Kamino, it consisted of ten Venator-class Star Destroyers, two Acclamator-class assault ships, and two Arquitens-class light cruisers, including the starships that fell under Jedi General Anakin Skywalker such as the Resolute.
As part of the defense, Admiral Wullf Yularen commanded the blockade from the bridge of the Resolute. Shortly prior to the battle when Republic reinforcements arrived to bolster the orbital and planetary defense, Prime Minister Lama Su stated in response to Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi that the Republic blockade was far too strong, and that the Separatists would not dare.
Behind the scenes
The Kamino blockade made its first appearance in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "ARC Troopers." Later, the magazine "The Beginning of the Clone Wars" stated the blockade was formed by General Shaak Ti in response to learning about Grievous's invasion plans; however, Arc Troopers itself establishes the blockade to be in existence before she and Lama Su are made aware of Grievous's plans. Therefore, this article follows the episode's version of events.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 42 (Guide to the Galaxy: Planets and Moons) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 60 (Starship Fact File: Arquitens-class Light Cruiser)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – BTL-B Y-Wing Expansion Pack (Card: ) (Picture only)
- "The Beginning of the Clone Wars" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Battles that Changed the Galaxy