Kara Safwan was a human female who was hired by the criminal Rang Clan to spy and gather intel on the operations of the rival criminal group known as Crimson Dawn. In 10 BBY, she was on board First Light, the yacht used by Crimson Dawn's leader Dryden Vos, when it traveled the planet Vandor to collect a delivery of stolen coaxium. Safwan blended in well with the other revelers on board, and drank Vandor ice water to keep her head clear; however, Vos's concierge Margo suspected she was up to something and discreetly blocked her attempts to get deeper into the crime lord's inner circle. Safwan had fair skin and brown eyes and hair. While on the yacht, she wore a matching black and gold dress and top.
Behind the scenesEdit
Kara Safwan first appeared in the 2018 film Solo: A Star Wars Story and was first identified in the accompanying reference book Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo. Lucasfilm Ltd. localization coordinator Kristen Hidalgo confirmed on Twitter that the character was named by Pablo after Saf Davidson, a host of several Star Wars podcasts.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Kara Safwan)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the events on Vandor in Solo: A Star Wars Story to nine years after the formation of the Galactic Empire. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the formation of the Empire to 19 BBY, therefore the event on Vandor in Solo must take place in 10 BBY.
- ↑ screenshot) (