- "Karabast! Karabast? What does that even mean?"
- ―Agent Alexsandr Kallus to Garazeb Orrelios
Garazeb Orrelios, a member of the Ghost crew, used it quite frequently. Ezra Bridger adopted the phrase after spending time with Orrelios. Sabine Wren, another of Orrelios' fellow rebels, also used the phrase when they beheld an Imperial Star Destroyer emerging from hyperspace (prompting Orrelios to echo the sentiment) and so too did the ISB agent Alexsandr Kallus, though whilst expressing confusion regarding what it meant.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The phrase was created by writer Greg Weisman for the television series Star Wars Rebels. Archive audio of Pao exclaiming "Karabast!" can be commonly heard in the video game Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes upon his defeat.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Rebels: The Ultimate Guide
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- "Spark of Rebellion"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2018
[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Master & Apprentice
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Honorable Ones"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Weisman, Greg (2020-01-31). Ask Greg. Archived from the original on August 8, 2020. Retrieved on August 8, 2020. "When I came aboard, the five leads and the Inquisitor were already part of the package, but I believe I helped flesh them out. I gave them all last names, for starters, and created Zeb's curse word: "Karabast!""