Karina the Great was the Geonosian queen of Geonosis and an ally of the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. She served as the queen—the secret leader—of the Stalgasin hive and Geonosis during the war. She died when she was buried alive due to the collapse of the Progate Temple.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Karina ruled over Geonosis and her hive from beneath the Progate Temple with Archduke Poggle the Lesser acting as Geonosis' public leader. Karina laid many eggs and learned how to bring dead Geonosians back to life. She decided that she also wanted to control Jedi.
Clone Wars[edit | edit source]
In 21 BBY, during the Second Battle of Geonosis, Karina was able to have her undead soldiers capture Jedi Master Luminara Unduli when Poggle the Lesser allowed her to follow him into the Progate Temple's catacombs. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker came to rescue her. Karina accused the Galactic Republic of attacking Geonosis and asked why they came before her.
When Kenobi told that she must surrender to the Republic, Karina refused to do so saying that he cannot dictate her and that her empire will last forever. Kenobi then told her that she was incorrect and that she will submit to the Republic.
Karina then grew angry and ordered her guards to execute them. Kenobi said that if she did that, then the Republic will grow harsher towards her. She still ordered them to execute them by telling Kenobi about her plans to use her children to control Unduli and the other Jedi. She then ordered her guards to get the brain worms and put it in Luminara. However, then Kenobi ordered his clones to attack. Karina was blinded by Commander Cody's troopers, who shined their flashlights in her face. As the Jedi made their escape and took Poggle prisoner, Karina was buried alive when the Progate Temple collapsed.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
Karina the Great had red and black eyes and tan skin.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Legacy of Terror" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders" (Appears in flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Two
- Ultimate Star Wars
- "Breathing New Life Into a Dark Lord"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2016
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 12 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Geonosians)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 31 (Databank A-Z: Kaminoans–King Katuunko)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 35 (Weapons & Uniforms: Ready for Action)
- Star Wars: Alien Archive