A karmova drum was a type of drum used as a musical instrument. It consisted of a gray circular body with a transparent dome on top, which revealed black components within the dome. The human slave Anakin Skywalker owned a karmova drum, which was on his bed when he brought Queen Padmé Amidala and the astromech droid R2-D2 into his bedroom in 32 BBY in order to show them the protocol droid he was building, C-3PO. When Skywalker later left his home in the city of Mos Espa on the planet Tatooine in order to become part of the Jedi Order, he did not pack the drum.
Behind the scenesEdit
A karmova drum first appeared in the 1999 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. The instrument was first named in the new Star Wars canon in the 2016 reference book Star Wars: Complete Locations. The name originated in the 2000 Star Wars Legends reference book Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I, which was written by Kristin Lund.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as karmova drum)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, which includes the appearance of the karmova drum, to 32 BBY.
- ↑ Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I