- "I know why a slave revolt on Kashyyyk spells doom for outposts along the Kathol Rift, and why General Veers can't afford another thorilide shortage along the Rimma."
- ―Everi Chalis, to Micha Evon
The Kathol Rift was a region of space where multiple outposts were located. According to Everi Chalis, the Imperial governor of Haidoral Prime, a slave revolt on Kashyyyk would cause serious problems for the outposts. After defecting to the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry in 3 ABY, she shared her theory involving the Kathol Rift with Captain Micha Evon and some of his colleagues aboard the company's CR90 corvette, the Thunderstrike.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Kathol Rift was mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the 2015 novel Battlefront: Twilight Company, written by Alexander Freed. It was originally introduced in the Star Wars Legends continuity via The DarkStryder Campaign, a series of sourcebooks for use with West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The Kathol Rift was first mentioned in the debut boxed set The DarkStryder Campaign on July 17, 1995. The region's first proper appearance was in the roleplaying game adventures "Little Empires," "Wildfire," "The Masters of Exocron," and "Galaxy's Edge," which were included in the series' second supplement The Kathol Outback, released on January 15, 1996.
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Battlefront: Twilight Company
- ↑ The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company where the Kathol Rift is mentioned is set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The mention must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY.
- ↑ The DarkStryder Campaign
- ↑ The Kathol Outback