Kathy Tyers is the author of several novels and short stories for the Star Wars universe. She was born on July 21, 1952 in Long Beach, California. In addition to her work in the Star Wars universe, she has also written several other science fiction novels, as well a few non-science fiction publications. She has also recorded two folk music albums with her husband Mark, who died in 2004. She currently lives in Montana.
Tyers graduated from Montana State University with a degree in microbiology and, after marrying Mark, became certified to teach K-12. When her church opened a private school, she took over teaching the lower grades. In 1979, she retired from teaching to start a family; their son Matthew was born in 1981, and she began writing in earnest two years later.
Star Wars bibliography[edit | edit source]
Novels[edit | edit source]
Short stories[edit | edit source]
- Tinian on Trial, Star Wars Adventure Journal 4, 1994
- To Fight Another Day, Star Wars Adventure Journal 6, 1995
- We Don't Do Weddings: The Band's Tale, Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, 1995
- A Time to Mourn, a Time to Dance: Oola's Tale, Tales from Jabba's Palace, 1996
- Only Droids Serve the Maker, Star Wars Adventure Journal 10, 1996
- The Prize Pelt: The Tale of Bossk, Tales of the Bounty Hunters, 1996
- Rebel Bass, Star Wars Gamer 6, 2001