- "Starlog 3-24-1 from the bridge of the cruiser RS Revenge, Captain Kazan reporting. We are awaiting the return of Captain Han Solo and his first mate Chewbacca, who are long overdue on a delicate mission to acquire the mystical Talisman, which has been sought by our forces and by the Empire."
- ―Captain Kazan
Kazan was a male who captained the RS Revenge, a cruiser that served in the Rebel Alliance's fleet during the Galactic Civil War. While stationed at a hidden Alliance base at some point between 0 BBY and 1 BBY, Kazan recorded a starlog journal entry from the cruiser's bridge that described a mission undertaken by several Rebels to the moon Panna Prime. The entry later provided narration for a cartoon created about the day's events.
- "Starlog update: Although Boba Fett quickly located the serum for the sleeping virus, we had no idea of his real plan."
Kazan, a male, was an officer in the Alliance Fleet during the Rebel Alliance's civil war with the Galactic Empire. At some point between 0 BBY and 1 ABY, he served as captain of the cruiser RS Revenge, which was stationed at an Alliance base hidden in an asteroid field. During Kazan's time at the base, the Alliance's General Ristt sent the Rebel-allied smugglers Han Solo and Chewbacca on a mission to retrieve a mystical artifact known as the Talisman, which was also sought by agents of the Empire. When the mission took longer than expected, Kazan described the situation in starlog 3-24-1, an oral journal entry that he recorded from the RS Revenge's bridge.
The smugglers' ship was soon located and pursued to the moon Panna Prime by the Rebels Luke Skywalker, C-3PO, and R2-D2, who were aided by the bounty hunter Boba Fett in counteracting the Talisman's unexpected sleeping virus side effect. However, Fett escaped after droids C-3PO and R2-D2 discovered that he was secretly working for the Empire. When the details of the mission reached Kazan, he updated his starlog entry with information about Fett before signing off. The entry was later used as narration in a cartoon created about the Rebels' adventure on Panna Prime.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Captain Kazan, starlog entry 3-24-1, signing off. May the Force be with you."
Behind the scenesEdit
Captain Kazan's voice provides narration for The Story of the Faithful Wookiee, a cartoon written by George Lucas and produced by Nelvana Studios. It originally aired on television in 1978 as part of The Star Wars Holiday Special, and it later appeared as an Easter egg on the 2011 Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-ray release. Kazan was voiced by an uncredited actor. His lines are not present in the fourth draft of the Holiday Special's script, which instead uses dialogue between Ristt and Princess Leia Organa to provide context on the Talisman and Han Solo's mission. As such, the spelling of "Kazan" used in this article is conjectural. This article also assumes that Kazan is male due to his masculine voice.
- The Story of the Faithful Wookiee (First appearance) (Voice only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 The Story of the Faithful Wookiee
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Leland Y Chee (October 12, 2006, 6:13 PM). Holocron continuity database questions. StarWars.com forums. Archived from the original on February 15, 2012. Retrieved on June 11, 2012.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The Star Wars Holiday Special
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- ↑ The Fourth Draft Script - 09/13/78. The Star Wars Holiday Special. Archived from the original on December 23, 2010. Retrieved on June 11, 2012.
- Captain Kazan. The Star Wars Holiday Special. Archived from the original on December 23, 2010. Retrieved on June 11, 2012.