- "My name is Kebla Yurt. Welcome to the Equipment Emporium—finest selection of supplies in all of Taris."
- ―Yurt welcoming a customer to her shop
Kebla Yurt was a Human female who by 3,963 BBY was the owner of the Equipment Emporium, the largest store in the Upper City of Taris. In 3,956 BBY, the Sith Empire invaded the planet, confiscating her heavy weapons and impounding her flight-worthy transports. During the blockade, Yurt met with the Galactic Republic trooper Revan—who she knew as the "Mysterious Stranger"—and sold him a permacrete detonator.
- "You looking to buy some supplies? My shop's the largest one in all of Upper Taris. Best selection on the planet. Whatever you need, I've got."
Kebla Yurt was a female Human who owned the largest shop in the Upper City of Taris, the Equipment Emporium, by the time of the Mandalorian siege of Taris in 3,963 BBY. During the siege, Yurt housed Taris Holofeed reporters and staff for one night, after their offices at Highpoint were destroyed.
By 3,956 BBY, most of her inventory was sourced from Exchange crime lord Davik Kang, to whom she also paid a reasonably priced monthly protection fee. When the Sith Empire invaded the planet during the Jedi Civil War, they confiscated all of Yurt's heavy weapons stock, as well as impounding her ships and swoop bikes. The Sith also imposed a blockade, which affected her business to the point where she could barely keep her doors open.
In the same year as the Sith occupation of Taris, Galactic Republic soldiers Carth Onasi and Revan entered the Emporium. Yurt recognized Revan as the "Mysterious Stranger," one of the contenders who had fought in the Taris dueling ring, and the trio had a brief conversation about the Lower City swoop gangs, the Sith quarantine, and Kang's crime operation. She also showed them her stock, including medpacs, security spikes, armor suits, swords, blasters, grenades, belts, mines, and a permacrete detonator, which Revan purchased for fifty credits.
Personality and traits
- "Taris isn't so bad, as long as you stay in the Upper City. Just try to avoid the Sith. And stay out of the Lower City. The swoop gangs are totally out of control."
- ―Yurt's opinions about life on Taris
Yurt was helpful to potential customers, readily answering questions about herself. However, she was wary voicing her opinions on the Sith. Although she disliked the Sith presence in the Upper City, Yurt believed it was better than conditions in the Lower City, where swoop gangs such as the Black Vulkars terrorized citizens.
Yurt refused to negotiate on the prices she set for her stock. Even though she was suspicious as to how Kang obtained the items that he sold to her, she knew better than to ask too many questions. Yurt was also known to take an interest in both legal and illegal dueling on Taris.
Behind the scenes
- "Hey, look who's back—the Mysterious Stranger! You know, I had a front row seat when you gunned down Bendak Starkiller. Best duel I've ever seen! If times weren't so tough I'd give you a discount, seeing as how you're a big celebrity and all."
- ―Yurt, if Revan non-canonically duels and defeats Bendak Starkiller
Yurt's first appearance was as a non-player character in the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic video game, where the player, Revan, can purchase items from her shop. She was later mentioned in Prima Games' guide to the game, as well as The Taris Holofeed: Invasion Edition, an addition to Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 18: Nights of Anger, Part 3.
If the player chooses dark side options in the game and defeats Bendak Starkiller in an illegal death match in the Taris dueling ring, Yurt tells him that if times weren't so tough due to the blockade, she would offer a discount on her inventory.
- The Taris Holofeed: Invasion Edition (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- ↑ The Taris Holofeed: Invasion Edition
- ↑ The encounter between Revan and Yurt is canon because there is a quest in the game that requires a permacrete detonator, which can only be obtained at Yurt's store. Thus, it is assumed that Revan bought the detonator there and conversed with her in the process.
- ↑ This assumes that the player finishes the Taris dueling ring quests and begins the permacrete detonator quests before meeting Yurt.