Kef Bir, designated IX3244-C and known as the Ocean Moon of Endor, was an ocean moon orbiting the gas giant Endor in the Endor system. Jannah, a human female freedom fighter who, by the time of the First Order–Resistance war, led a tribe of brave and noble warriors, lived on the moon after the tribe mutinied at the Battle of Ansett Island. Some of the wreckage of the second Death Star was located on Kef Bir.
The second Death Star was originally planned to orbit Kef Bir. However, because the moon had few ores, the Death Star was relocated to the forest moon and no garrison was stationed on Kef Bir.
In 4 ABY, a successful attack by the Rebel Alliance on the Death Star II resulted in its destruction. The remaining wreckage, including what was left of the superlaser dish and the Emperor's Throne Room, fell into Kef Bir's orbit and crashed into the seas. The explosion of the reactor lead to abnormal physics and several massive pieces of debris were launched into hyperspace. No scientist or sentient beings witnessed the event or could explain what variables prevented a catastrophe.
In 35 ABY, Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, and Chewbacca arrived on Kef Bir following directions found on Ochi's blade and translated by C-3PO, to secure a Wayfinder to Exegol belonging to Darth Sidious aboard the wreckage of Death Star II. There, they met Jannah, a former First Order Stormtrooper who resided on the ocean moon, along with her tribe. Rey found the Wayfinder in the Emperor's Throne Room, but was confronted by Kylo Ren, who destroyed it. The two dueled, with Rey stabbing Ren as he was distracted, sensing the death of his mother, Leia Organa. Rey healed him and took his TIE/wi modified interceptor, leaving him stranded aboard the Death Star II's wreckage.
Behind the scenesEdit
Kef Bir first appeared in the 2019 sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker. Footage was recorded in Buckinghamshire, England, and then digitally transformed into the stormy coast seen in the movie.
On October 23, 2019, the Disney Parks Blog announced that the Star Tours: The Adventures Continue rides at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneyland would be updated to include a scene set on Kef Bir, similar to previous updates that added planets featured in The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
- Resistance Heroes (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (First mentioned)
- (First pictured)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as IX3244-C, Ocean Moon of Endor)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – The Official Collector's Edition
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker to one year after the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of The Force Awakens to 34 ABY, the events of The Rise of Skywalker must occur in 35 ABY.