- "Battleship standing by..."
- ―The captain of a Keldabe battleship
The Keldabe-class battleship, also known as the Keldabe-class cruiser, was one of several different warship classes utilized by Tyber Zann's faction and others in the Galactic Civil War. At least one vessel of this class was employed by the Mandalorians during the Galactic Civil War.
Like the Crusader-class corvette, the Keldabe-class battleship was a Mandal Hypernautics design. It was named after Mandalore's capital, Keldabe. Like the Mandalorian corvette, the battleship design was marked by sharp edges similar to the ancient Mandalorian Kandosii-type dreadnaught. Atop the main superstructure was a tower similar in design to the Galactic Empire's Star Destroyers.
Offensive and defensive systems
Ships of the class were able to compete with the Galactic Empire's Imperial-class Star Destroyers. Keldabes were armed with turbolasers, ion cannons, and a group of mass driver weapons. The mass drivers were located in batteries between the two engine systems and at the front of the ship.
An interesting facet of the ship's design was that they were capable of actually leeching energy from enemy vessels and shields to power its own weapon systems using technology acquired from the Alliance to Restore the Republic via the black market .
The Zann Consortium obtained the Keldabe-class battleship after its pirates extorted plans from Mandal Hypernautics. Tyber Zann, although annoyed by the pirate's disobeying of his orders to leave the shipyards alone, nonetheless added the Keldabe-class to his fleet, after executing the offending ship captain. Keldabe-class battleships were later used in many Consortium operations, such as the Battle for the Eclipse.
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (First appearance)
- Mask of the Pirate Queen (First identified as Keldabe-class cruiser)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 Mask of the Pirate Queen
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Dangerous Covenants, p. 70
- ↑ KOTOR #15/16 art questions