- "What in the world would make you think I would know where to find a criminal? Do I strike you as bad somehow?"
- ―Kelia Freen to a bounty hunter
Kelia Freen was a female Human information broker who was active during the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. Freen had brown hair, orange eyes, and tan skin. She was clothed in a black outfit with white and light green accents. The outfit consisted of a jacket with a puffy collar, long pants, and a utility belt. Freen styled her hair into a ponytail and wore purple makeup on her lips and around her eyes.
In the latter half of 3638 BBY, Kelia Freen was present near a hologame table inside a cantina when she was approached by a bounty hunter on contract with the Bounty Brokers Association. Freen was requested to provide information about a criminal that the hunter was searching for. For a moment, Freen flirted with the hunter before supplying the needed information.
Behind the scenes
Kelia Freen appears in Rise of the Hutt Cartel, an expansion to BioWare's 2011 massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Star Wars: The Old Republic, during the recurring Bounty Contract Week event introduced in 2013 in Update 2.3. The event is available to players aligned with either the Republic or the Empire and features Freen as one of several rotating characters that are randomly selected to appear during the event's Bounty Contract daily missions. The missions can take place on a variety of randomly selected worlds, including Alderaan, Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, Nal Hutta, Nar Shaddaa, Ord Mantell, Tatooine, and Voss. Freen has the potential to appear at any of these locations, but is always found in a cantina and can be summoned by the player by interacting with a hologame table.
Freen and her male counterpart, Dekk'lar, were created to be brief romance options with player characters of any gender as they progress through the Bounty Contract missions. Freen is known as "seductive_siren" in the game's files.
The cutscene in which Freen appears opens with her flirting with the player. The player is then presented with light side, dark side, and neutral response options. The player can choose to reason with or threaten Freen by selecting the light side and dark side options respectively. The neutral response option allows players to reciprocate Freen's advances. Regardless of the choice made, Freen provides the player with the information necessary to progress in the mission.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel—Mission: "Bounty Contract" on various worlds
- According to Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel takes place from early to mid 3638 BBY, and further Game Updates that were released in 2013 take place in the latter half of that year. The post also states that Game Updates released in 2014 can be placed in early and mid 3637 BBY, Shadow of Revan takes place near the end of that year, and that the events of Game Updates 3.1 through 3.3 can be placed in early and mid 3636 BBY. Therefore, the events of Game Update 2.3: Titans of Industry, which was released in 2013, can be placed in 3638 BBY. ,
- While not visible in-game, Kelia Freen's internal name in Star Wars: The Old Republic can be seen here: