Kemplex IX was an Old Republic jump station destroyed by the creation of the Cron Drift in 3996 BBY. Prior to this, it was one of the only inhabited outposts in the Auril sector. During the Sith War, Ulic Qel-Droma gave hints that he intended to attack Kemplex Nine, but it was merely a ruse to draw the Republic military away from his true target of Coruscant.
Later that year, Qel-Droma did decide to attack Kemplex Nine, but this was meant to draw the Jedi/Republic task force into a trap. Aleema Keto and Crado, onboard the ancient Sith Lord Naga Sadow's flagship, devastated the station and lured the pursuing Republic fleet, led by the Jedi Dace Diath, Shoaneb Culu and Qrrrl Toq into the ten stars of the Cron Cluster. When they were in position, Aleema activated the Sith weapon and inadvertently ignited all ten stars, utterly wiping out Kemplex Nine and the entire surrounding area of space.
- Tales of the Jedi – The Sith War 2 (First mentioned)
- Tales of the Jedi – The Sith War 4 (First appearance)
- "Le facteur X"—Casus Belli 115
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 2"—Star Wars Insider 27
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas