- "Those of us at ILM were aiming for reality, or something beyond reality in this movie. Something that has life, a spark, and a quality that's bigger than life."
- ―Ken Ralston
- "His maneuvering of the TIE fighter and the Falcon show his great understanding of the need for timing , motion, and life within the shot."
- ―Dennis Muren, on Ranston's talent
Ken Ralston was one of the original employees of Industrial Light & Magic, originally hired by Dennis Muren to help George Lucas. He served as one of three assistant cameramen for the Miniature and Optical Effects Unit on A New Hope and one of two effects cameramen for the same unit on The Empire Strikes Back. He went on to serve as Visual Effects Supervisor for Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi.
Ralston is one of the signers of the limited edition release of the upcoming limited edition hardcover The Art of Ralph McQuarrie. He has also appeared with interviews in Lucasfilm Magazine 41 and Star Wars Insider 67, along with providing interior artwork for Monsters and Aliens from George Lucas.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (assistant cameraman)
- "Special Effects" – Bantha Tracks 21
- "Monster Maker" – Star Wars Insider 148
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition