Kestic Station was a free-trader outpost on the fringes of the Bestine system. It was a stopover point and occasional home to free-traders and asteroid miners of a distinctly non-guild, non-regulation, non-Imperial bent.
Early in the Galactic Civil War, the parents of Zev Senesca, longtime traders of any and all goods, began dealing in arms for the then-fledgling Rebellion. Although these actions were extremely risky—illegal arms dealing with the Alliance carried the death penalty—they felt they were doing the right thing. They would soon become a vital link in the Rebellion's supply chain.
However, Rebel supply lines were soon chased back to Kestic and Zev's parents. Without stopping to take prisoners or ask questions, the Star Destroyer Merciless destroyed the station. All aboard were killed.
Zev originally blamed the Alliance for the death of his parents, but soon learned the terrible truth: a "friend" he had confided in had been the informant who had revealed to the Empire Kestic Station's involvement with the Rebellion. The destruction of Kestic Station had been Zev's fault. With this new-found outlook, he rejoined the Rebellion.
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned)
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Zev Senesca)
- "Who's Who in Rogue Squadron"—Star Wars Insider 59
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- "Rogues Gallery: Clearance for Immediate Launch"—Star Wars Insider 146