- "Loralora bird. A rare hybrid from the jungle moon of Ketz!"
- ―Volt Vescuso
Ketz was a jungle moon located in the Colonies region. It was the homeworld of the loralora bird, a rare species of avian hybrids. A number of loralora birds were taken to the Outer Rim planet Batuu by members of the Ketzalian species, who traded them for golden lichen.
Some time later, in around 34 ABY, one loralora bird from Ketz was for sale at the Creature Stall in the town of Black Spire Outpost on Batuu. Volt Vescuso, a worker at the stall, attempted to make a sale by telling several bystanders about the loralora bird and its homeworld. The historian Eloc Throno later included Ketz on a map in his book Traveler's Guide to Batuu.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ketz was first mentioned in A Crash of Fate, a novel written by Zoraida Córdova and published in 2019. The 2020 reference book Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu erroneously labels Ketz as a planet.
- A Crash of Fate (First mentioned, simultaneous with A Crash of Fate audiobook)
- A Crash of Fate audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with A Crash of Fate)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 A Crash of Fate
- ↑ The events of A Crash of Fate, including the appearance of the loralora bird from Ketz, are set several months after the Hosnian Cataclysm, dated to 34 ABY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas.