Kevin Smith (born August 2, 1970) is an American filmmaker, podcaster and media personality. He hosted a TV special for the 2002 Star Wars fan film awards, appeared in the documentary Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed, held a presentation at Celebration VI, is credited as part of the "Additional Voices" cast for The Force Awakens (J.J. Abrams also invited him to the set of that film, as well as The Rise of Skywalker), and has appeared on The Star Wars Show.
Smith's early films were known for their frequent Star Wars references, culminating with appearances from Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill in 2001's Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. He made Star Wars–related cameos in Live Free or Die Hard (2007), Fanboys (2009) and the fan films Starwoids (2001), Hughes the Force (2011) and The Return of Return of the Jedi (2013). Smith also appeared in a roundtable discussion with Mark Hamill and J.J. Abrams in a 2005 episode of Jon Favreau's Dinner for Five. In the DVD commentary for Attack of the Clones, George Lucas implies that the Geonosians are the answer to a reference in 1994's Clerks (Smith's first and most famous film, which includes a scene where two characters ponder the fate of those who built the second Death Star).
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Kevin to host The Official Star Fan Film Awards on the Sci-Fi Channel. viewaskew.com (April 2002).
- ↑ An Evening with Kevin Smith. starwarscelebration.com.
- ↑ Young, Bryan (August 23, 2012). STAR WARS CELEBRATION: An Evening With Kevin Smith. bigshinyrobot.com.
- ↑ Hayden, Erik (July 06, 2014). Kevin Smith's 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Set Visit: Director Explains What He Saw. The Hollywood Reporter.
- ↑ Schmidt, JK. Kevin Smith Says 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Is Fantastic, Made Him Cry. comicbook.com.
- ↑ Berry, Daniel (August 8, 2014). The Force Is Strong With This One: Kevin Smith.
- Kevin Smith on Wikipedia
- Official website
- 221: Orlando Calrissian. Smodcast. soundcloud.com (August 29, 2012).