- "When your Rebellion started encroaching on the Mid Rim, the Emperor set his dog loose. You heard about the deaths of Moff Coovern and Minister Khemt?"
"Tragic accidents, as I recall."
"According to my sources, both died at the hand of Darth Vader."
- ―Everi Chalis reveals to Micha Evon what really happened to Khemt
Khemt was a minister among the highest ranks of the Galactic Empire. Around 1 ABY, shortly after the Rebel Alliance began a campaign into the Mid Rim, Khemt and a Moff named Coovern died. The pair's deaths were officially reported to have been tragic accidents; however, sources informed Imperial Governor Everi Chalis that the Sith Lord Darth Vader had been responsible for both deaths. Vader had supposedly killed Khemt and Coovern on orders from Emperor Palpatine, who, after the loss of the Death Star superweapon, wanted those he considered incompetent among the Empire's elite culled. Chalis later defected to the Alliance in 3 ABY, and revealed the true nature of Khemt and Coovern's deaths to the leader of the Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry, Captain Micha Evon.
Behind the scenes
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- The main events of Battlefront: Twilight Company are set 22 years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Those events must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY. The novel also states that Khemt died at the beginning of the Mid Rim campaign, which took place eighteen months prior to the main events of the novel. This sets Khemt's death around 1 ABY.
- Battlefront: Twilight Company