Khomm was a planet in the Khomm system on the edge of the Deep Core with wide blue seas, great land masses, and an abundance of oxygen. It was the home planet to the Khommites and the Khommite striders.
The Khommites possessed a culture of conformity, with a society that had remained unchanged for nearly a millennium. They decided they had reached the pinnacle of their civilization in 990 BBY, so life on the planet remained static. Through the Khomm Central Population Planning, all of the citizens of Khomm were clones of previous generations. A clone of each person of each subsequent generation was created to ensure the contiguous continuation of their species.
The cities on Khomm were mathematically perfect grids, with square housing and gardens, all preplanned. The animal population of Khomm, including the Khommite strider, was also genetically controlled by the Khommites. It was said that when a visitor landed on Khomm, its dullness could literally make one crazy.
In 12 ABY, Imperial Admiral Natasi Daala ordered an attack on Khomm, when it was discovered that Dorsk 81 and Kyp Durron had visited the planet. Dorsk 80, Dorsk 81's predecessor, wished him to return to his old job, but 81 was simply trying to warn Khomm of the impending attack. Refusing to listen, the Khommites did nothing. Colonel Ivan Cronus carried out Daala's order with Crimson Command, devastating the planet and its population, forcing the Khommites to do something they had not done in centuries—adapt.
It is unknown what became of Khomm after the attack, though it is known that at least one of Dorsk 81's clones, Dorsk 82 came to train at the Jedi Praxeum.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Mentioned only)
- CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:7:01 Edition (Mentioned only)
- Odds (Mentioned only)
- Republic Commando: True Colors (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Dark Apprentice (First mentioned)
- Darksaber (First appearance)
- Jedi Academy: Leviathan (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (PLA1, PLA6, Planets of the Core Worlds)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 135 (DOR1-2, Dorsk 81)
- Aliens in the Empire
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Fly Casual