The Khommites were a Near-Human species hailing from the planet of Khomm. Circa 1000 BBY the Khommite people achieved a level of cloning technology far surpassing that of the rest of the galaxy. Believing that their society had achieved perfection, the people of Khomm began the cloning of "perfect" individuals, allowing their society to remain unchanged for the next millennium. Khommites' digestive systems were so specified that they could only eat processed food wafers.
Viewing Force-sensitivity as an undesirable fluke, the Khommites endeavored to remove the trait from their species. Despite this fact the trait would occasionally surface, as in the case of Dorsk 81, a Khommite Jedi Knight.
The Khommites were rigidly conformist in their views, and saw any disruption of the status quo as a threat to their way of life.
In 12 ABY, Admiral Daala ordered an attack on Khomm, when it was discovered that the Jedi Dorsk 81 and Kyp Durron had visited the planet. Colonel Cronus carried out the order with Crimson Command, devastating the planet and its population, forcing the Khommites to do something they had not done in centuries—adapt.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Darksaber, the Khommites are described as genderless; for it was said that they 'forsook gender' when they began cloning. However, individual Khommites are consistently referred to as "he."
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:7:01 Edition (Picture only)
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight (Mentioned only)
- The Force Unleashed II novel (Mentioned only)
- I, Jedi
- Dark Apprentice (First appearance)
- Champions of the Force
- Jedi Academy: Leviathan
- Star Wars: Union
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (PLA6, Planets of the Core Worlds)
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- Who's Who in the New Jedi Order
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- Fly Casual (Indirect mention only)