- "It was to be."
- ―The Voss, on the battle cruiser's destruction
A battle cruiser was commanded by General Khypes of the Sith Empire when he was sent to conquer the recently-discovered Voss system several years before 3641 BBY. However, before Khypes could contact the native Voss and demand their surrender, his starship exploded, and the battle cruiser's escorts were destroyed as well only moments later. The fleet's destruction, the cause of which could not be identified, shocked both the Galactic Republic and the Empire. The Empire suspected Republic sabotage or a secret Voss weapon, and the Republic theorized it was the result of infighting among the Sith. Both the Republic and the Empire began diplomatic relations with the Force-sensitive Voss as a result, hoping to form an alliance with the species.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned) (Codex entry)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "The Imperial Attack on Voss"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Agent Mission: "The Prophecy of the Shining Man" on Voss establishes that the Shining Man made a deal with the Three for the Voss to remain neutral for a total of three thousand days, and also establishes that at the time of Act III in Star Wars: The Old Republic, there are still "a few years" remaining in those three thousand days. The Shining Man arrived on Voss only a matter of months after the planet was discovered, meaning that the planet's discovery must have taken place less than eight years prior to Act III, the events of which can be placed in 3641 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia