Kidneys were organs located near the lower back on Humans. Although naturally having both a left and right kidney, Humans were able to survive with only one kidney. Kidneys could be transplanted and even cloned if that was needed.
Diffrent species can have a diffrent number of kidneys. For example members of the Yarkora species have four kidneys.
Hitting a person in the kidneys caused extreme—often disabling—pain for the victim. Older Humans often suffered from Zithrom's syndrome, which resulted in shrunken kidneys, among other symptoms.
Kidney stones could accumulate within the kidneys and be passed from the body.
Yuuzhan Vong typically lacked kidneys.
- MedStar I: Battle Surgeons (Also mentions kidney stones)
- MedStar II: Jedi Healer
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- The Paradise Snare
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor
- "Do No Harm"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Side Trip
- "Desperate Measures"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Taster's Choice: The Tale of Jabba's Chef (Mentioned only) (Appears as sandmaggot kidneys)
- I, Jedi
- Planet of Twilight (Only mentions kidney stone)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Ylesia
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
- Legacy of the Force: Fury (Mentioned only)
- Millennium Falcon