- "They're one of the most venomous creatures in the galaxy and can swallow a Wookiee whole if the mood strikes them."
- ―Finn Darktrin
- "It's because of the sulfur that the kimogilla developed such a tough hide. I've only seen one sample of it. Amazing, adaptive feature on the beast."
- ―Dusque Mistflier
Kimogilas were generally about the same size as krayt dragons. Because of the sulfur pools and rivers present on Lok, the creature had evolved to boast a layer of extremely resilient scales, capable of withstanding all but the strongest anti-personnel weapons. They were also known to have one of the most toxic venom in the galaxy, which could immobilize its prey in seconds.
They were usually known to hunt the roaming herds of Snorbals. With no known predators, however, it is possible that these creatures turned cannibalistic during times when food was short. They were hard to find creatures, but they usually traveled in small family packs ranging from two to three, and could sometimes become extremely territorial.
- "If we're lucky, we won't see a single one of those monsters while we're here."
- ―Finn Darktrin
The kimogilas were notoriously difficult to kill, its ferocious nature led big-game hunters to try to kill one for sport. Their scales were known to be very useful in the construction of armor, especially Reinforced Insulated Sheath armor.
The skeleton of a particularly massive kimogila was known as one of the most notable point of interests of the planet Lok during the Galactic Civil War. There was also a story that a group of settlers were tricked into buying land not far from the stronghold of Nym, that was infested with Kimogilas. Soon after they settled the land, the Kimogilas destroyed the entire town, earning it the name of Kimogila Town to those who knew of it. Offworlders were sometimes lured by thieves posing as tourist guides, offering the location of a supposedly beautiful hidden oasis for credits, only to be left to their fate as prey to packs of the large creatures.
Behind the scenes
Kimogila appeared in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online-role playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine (Mentioned only)
- "Gamescape"—Star Wars Insider 70
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Galaxies Memory Book
Notes and references
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 218 ("kimogila")
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Loading Screen: "Kimogila" on Lok
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Point of Interest: "Kimogila Town" on Lok
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Publish 4
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Point of Interest: "Great Kimogila's Skeleton" on Lok
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed