The King of the Dragonsnakes was a large Dragonsnake living on Dagobah in the Dragonsnake Bog near Yoda's hut. This large specimen had dominated the swamp, and the other Dragonsnakes suffered due to his greed. When Luke Skywalker arrived on Dagobah in 3 ABY, the King of the Dragonsnakes swallowed his astromech droid R2-D2, but then spit him due to his being indigestible. After that, he waited for the opportunity to strike at Skywalker himself. When the opportunity presented itself several days later, the King of the Dragonsnakes found out that his prey was armed with a lightsaber, managing to harm the King and escape. The other Dragonsnakes saw the King's failure as the sign of his weakness. Humbled, the King retreated to his Lair. Skywalker, accompanied by Yoda, followed him there and confronted the King in his very own lair. Using the knowledge of the Force, he subdued the King to his will and retrieved his prize - an egg of Accipiptero. Afterward, the other Dragonsnakes were no longer afraid of the King and the swamp returned to the balance.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back junior novel
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Adventures: Luke Skywalker and the Treasure of the Dragonsnakes (First identified as King of the Dragonsnakes)