Kintan was a planet located in the Hutt Space region of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories that was the homeworld of the Nikto species, which was divided into at least three subspecies: the green-skinned Nikto known as Kadas'sa'Nikto, the lavender-skinned Esral'sa'Nikto, and the red-skinned Kajain'sa'Nikto. It was conquered by the Hutt Cartel, which was controlled by the Hutts from the neighboring world of Nal Hutta, who turned the Nikto into slaves or vassals. Klaatu, a male Kadas'sa'Nikto gambler who worked as a henchman for the crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure, was from this world. Creatures known as Kintan striders, whose appearance was used as a piece in the game dejarik, were from this world.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Kintan was first mentioned in Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies, a 1995 Star Wars Legends supplement for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. It became canon when it was mentioned in Ultimate Star Wars, a reference book co-written by Patricia Barr, Adam Bray, Daniel Wallace, and Ryder Windham that was released on April 28, 2015.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 19 (Weapons & Uniforms: Jabba's Skiff Guards)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 33 (Databank A-Z: Admiral Kilian–Kowakian)
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- "Battle of Hoth and the Second Death Star" – Star Wars Encyclopedia