Kira was an astronomical object located in the Expansion Region and the Trailing Sectors regions, in grid square N-16 of the Standard Galactic Grid. Hyperspace routes linked Kira to the celestial bodies Bacrana, Kalinda, Pax, and Wroona.
Behind the scenes
Kira was first depicted in the current Star Wars canon on a galactic map in Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game, a 2016 Fantasy Flight Games' roleplaying game boxed set. The Kira system was originally introduced in the Star Wars Legends continuity via the 1993 book Twin Stars of Kira, a supplement for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. In the book, the section describing the star system was written by Stephen Crane, with John Paul Lona providing an illustration of the system.
- The High Republic Adventures 1 (Picture only) (Based on correspondence between galactic map and maps in other sources)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game (First mentioned)
- The High Republic Free Digital Sampler (Picture only) (Based on correspondence between galactic map and maps in other sources)
- "The First Order" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "The Battle of Endor and the Fall of the Empire" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Scarif and Other Outer Rim Planets" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Exegol, the Unknown Regions, and Wild Space" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Timelines