- "This is so wizard."
- ―Kitster Banai, impressed by Anakin Skywalker's podracer
Kitster Banai was a human male slave who lived on the Outer Rim world of Tatooine during the Naboo Crisis. As a child, he befriended Anakin Skywalker—a fellow slave and podracing enthusiast. Banai supported Skywalker as a member of his pit team at the Boonta Eve Classic. As a result of winning the event, Banai's friend gained his freedom and subsequently departed the desert planet to join the Jedi Order.
Kitster Banai was a child enslaved on Tatooine, an Outer Rim planet that was too distant to be affected by the anti-slave laws of the Galactic Republic. Born during the final years of the Republic, he was around the same age as his friend, Anakin Skywalker. Like Banai, Skywalker was also a slave—having been sold to the Toydarian junk dealer Watto. As children, Banai and Skywalker protected each other while braving the dangerous streets of Mos Espa. When Skywalker entered his custom-built podracer in the Boonta Eve Classic podracing event, Banai supported him as a member of his pit team. Skywalker ultimately won the race along with his freedom, leading Banai and his childhood friend to part ways as Skywalker embarked on a journey to become a Jedi.
Personality and traitsEdit
As a child, Kitster Banai had a positive outlook which he shared with his friend Anakin Skywalker. He was often supportive of Skywalker, both prior to and during the Boonta Eve Classic. Although victory had eluded Skywalker in previous racing events, he offered encouraging words nonetheless. Despite his optimism, he was also doubtful as to whether or not Skywalker could repair his podracer, let alone win the race. Even so, Banai attended the event where he cheered on his friend.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "The Trouble with Rathtars" (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Crisis on Coruscant" (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Kitster Banai)
- Darth Vader: Sith Lord
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6
- ↑ In his Encyclopedia and databank enties, they both stated that he was "about the same age as Anakin." Anakin was born in 41 BBY, so Kitster is born around 41 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace