- "Fire comes."
"Lifefire, or endfire?"
"We shall see."
- ―Kkkt and Zzzs
Kkkt was a Force-sensitive male Southern Mustafarian who was the leader of a clanhold on Mustafar during the reign of the Galactic Empire. Kkkt was present for the arrival of Sith Lord Darth Vader and sent out a scout party to investigate his landing site, with only one of the Mustafarians returning. Vader then began construction for his fortress. Meant to tune in to the dark side energies present on the planet and open a door to the dark side, fortress failed its purpose several times devastating the Mustafar's landscape, which led Kkkt to unite the other nearby Mustafarian clans in an attack against the stronghold. During the assault, Kkkt and two other Force-sensitive Mustafarians channeled a large wave of lava to wipe out Vader's army. However, after Vader retreated into the Sith cave under the fortress, used its power to wipe out Kkkt and the Mustafarian army.
A new arrivalEdit
- "What do you think it is, Father Kkkt?"
"An omen, Zzzs."
- ―Zzzs and Kkkt
By 12 BBY, Father Kkkt was the leader and protector of his own clan of Southern and Northern Mustafarians on the lava planet Mustafar. When a Naboo Royal Starship entered Mustafar's atmosphere with its shields deactivated, the entire clan witnessed it flying across the sky. As Kkkt and Zzzs watched the burning starship fly across the sky, Zzzs asked what Kkkt thought the ship was. Kkkt believed that it was an omen, and he used the Force to manipulate the lava beside him, making a hoop. Through the hoop he watched the soaring ship as it rocketed into the distance. Anxious of the new arrival, Kkkt sent a scout party of four Mustafarians, including Bbbl, Rrrn and Sssp. Only Rrrn returned and he told Kkkt of a dark figure who used a haunted mask to possess Sssp while killing Bbbl and the other Mustafarian.
Shortly after, the dark figure, the Sith Lord Darth Vader, began constructing a structure on the Gahenn Plains over a Sith cave. The fortress, designed by Sssp's possessor Lord Momin, was meant to tune the energies of a dark side locus on Mustafar in order to open a portal into dark side. Each failed attempt to open the door destroyed the structure and devastated Mustafar's landscape, causing lava storms that inflicted chaos on the Mustafarians. Kkkt protected his clan as much as he could, but as the storms grew worse, holding the lava back took everything he had. With other clanholds being affected in the same way, Kkkt decided to rally them against this structure the Sith were building. By the ninth attempt Vader and Momin had perfected their fortress' design.
Fighting for MustafarEdit
- "Tear it down. Every last brick."
- ―Kkkt leads the Mustafarians into battle
Led by Kkkt, an army of Mustafarians riding lava fleas charged on the newly finished fortress. Kkkt ordered them to tear the structure down. Kkkt's army outnumbered the Imperial garrison ten to one, and attacked on the flank. One of the garrison's leaders attempted to evacuate the Imperial forces, but Vader denied that order and had them advance. The dark lord engaged the Mustafarians, cutting many down with his lightsaber in the process.
Kkkt watched the dark lord from a distance, with two other Force-sensitive Mustafarians. The three of them combined their power and channeled a large wave of lava onto the battlefield, engulfing both the garrison and a portion of the Mustafarian army. Vader, however, was able to escape the lava. After snuffing out the flames on his armor, he retreated into the castle, parting the lava to allow him to reach it. Kkkt was surprised that the dark lord lived, but with no army to back his enemy, he and the remaining Mustafarians began their final assault on the fortress. Vader, though, had a one more advantage. From the Sith Cave, he channeled the Force through the fortress. Kkkt realized this and ordered his forces to pull back. But it was too late. The energy wiped out Kkkt and the other Mustafarians.
- «Burn the invaders' castle to the ground! This is our land, now and forever!»
- ―Criakan leads his own attack on Fortress Vader[src]
Kkkt was not the last to attack the fortress. Another Mustafarian, named Criakan, led his own army and stormed inside the complex. Vader found and slaughtered them regardless. Priestess Sssl of Clan Rrrt also attacked the fortress with an army of possessed mind-controlled slaves, but was too defeated when Vader took control of the slaves with the Force and made them destroy Sssl as well as themselves.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Mustafar is our world. We have already lost so much. The lifefires barely burn. It is time to come together…and save what is left."
- ―Kkkt decides to rally the clans
A Southern Mustafarian, Kkkt led and protected a clan of Southern and Northern Mustafarians. He cared for their safety and one of his clan, Sssp, thought he was too quick to call something an omen. Kkkt also cared for the protection of Mustafar and referred to lava as the blood of Mustafar. He decided to unite the Mustafarian clans to save their land after Darth Vader and Momin's project began devastating the planet and it's inhabitants.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
- "Keep back! Stay behind me! I will hold it off!"
- ―Kkkt protects the other Mustafarians using the Force
Kkkt was Force-sensitive. He used his ability to manipulate lava, creating a hoop out of it on one occasion. He also used it to deflect lava as it thrashed upon his people and later combined his power with two other Force-sensitive Mustafarians to flood the Fortress Vader Imperial garrison.
Like other Mustafarians, Kkkt wore armor and a breath mask as protection against Mustafar's heat. Unlike the armor of other Southern Mustafarians, Kkkt's armor had multiple tubes sticking out of the back. Kkkt carried a long staff with him as well and rode a lava flea at the beginning of his assault on Vader's fortress.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 21 (First appearance)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 22 (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 23
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 24
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Fortress Vader was built forty-six years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY, therefore dating the construction to 12 BBY. Kkkt and his forces attacked the fortress the day Momin introduced it to Darth Vader in Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 23, where Kkkt perished in Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 24. Therefore, Kkkt's death can be dated to 12 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 24
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 21
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Fortress Vader was built forty-six years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY, therefore dating the construction to 12 BBY. Arrival of Darth Vader on Mustafar occurs in Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 21, prior to the construction of the fortress in issue 23. Therefore, Vader's arrival happened by 12 BBY.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 23
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 22
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 5
- ↑ Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle 5
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know