The infamous Klatooinian Trade Guild was formed almost five thousand years before the fall of the Galactic Republic. Its original purpose was to provide Klatooinians a chance to work on planets far from Klatooine. However, this meant they were sold into indentured servitude to the Hutts and the Guild became but a front for several shady Hutt endeavors, including smuggling, loan-sharking, and slaving.
The Guild had many enclaves within Hutt Space and the Outer Rim. Many smugglers and free-traders joined the guild after hearing they provided freighters in return for some years of service as transport pilots. In truth, the Guild practically enslaved their employees, controlling them and their transports and chaining them with debt and blackmail.
- Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- "Alien Encounters"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- "Smuggler's Log"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- No Disintegrations
- Platt's Smugglers Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Lords of Nal Hutta