The Klegger Corp Mining Facility was a mining facility on Mustafar built on the side of a mountain, overlooking a lava river. It was owned by Klegger Corp, which in turn served the interests of the Techno Union.
Sometime during the Clone Wars, the Confederacy of Independent Systems constructed a droid factory inside a lava lake deep within the mountain. It remained a closely guarded secret, hidden and unused until after the end of the Clone Wars, when Gizor Dellso, a Geonosian Separatist traveled to the planet to convene with the Separatist leaders.[source?]
Toward the end of the Clone Wars, it served as the headquarters of the Separatist Council. The Council members were slain there at the hands of Darth Vader. The deaths of the Separatist Council transformed the area into a dark side nexus, similar to the Dark Side Cave of Dagobah.
The mining facility was destroyed when it was host to the violent duel between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi in 19 BBY. The two disabled the facility's shields by damaging the control room, causing the complex to quickly melt into the environment.
For two months, it was not known what had happened to the members of the Separatist Council, as Palpatine, newly-christened the Emperor of the galaxy, used the public speculation that they were still alive to galvanize the Imperial military. A salvage team eventually traveled to the facility and found the remains of the Separatist leaders executed by Vader.[source?]
Gizor Dellso, now a Separatist holdout, was present when the corpse of Poggle the Lesser, the former Archduke of Geonosis, was discovered.[source?] He remained on Mustafar, establishing his base-of-operations at a secret droid foundry hidden within the mountain of the Klegger Corp Mining Facility. By countermanding the droid deactivation signal which he helped create,[source?] he was able to produce a private droid army to resist the Galactic Empire. With the assistance of other Geonosians, he also developed schematics for a prototype infantry droid. When stormtroopers of the Imperial 501st Legion were sent to Mustafar to crush Dellso's uprising, the mining facility was caught in their orbital bombardment which destroyed the factory.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith comic
- Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- Star Wars Galaxies: Trials of Obi-Wan (First identified as being owned by Klegger Corp)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PSP version only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Old Wounds (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Shadow Syndicate (Card: Mustafar Diorama)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Rute Gunnay) (Indirect mention only)
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found