Kneesaa was an Ewok female who resided in Bright Tree Village on the Forest Moon of Endor. She was the daughter of the village chief, Chirpa, and she held the title of princess. In 4 ABY, Kneesaa participated in the Battle of Endor, helping the Rebel Alliance in their fight against the Galactic Empire. Kneesaa's bravery and leadership led to her succeed her father and become the village's first female chief.
Fighting the EmpireEdit
Kneesaa was a female Ewok warrior from the the forest moon of Endor. She was the daughter of Chief Chirpa, and she held the title of princess. Together with her friends Wicket W. Warrick, Teebo, Paploo, Weechee, and Widdle Warrick, she had an adventurous childhood. She participated in the Battle of Endor, helping to realize an Imperial defeat. During the battle, Kneesaa aided rebel pathfinder Kes Dameron in coordinating complicated tactical maneuvers. They stayed with each other throughout the battle, communicating through verbal stresses and gestures. Instead of attending the post victory celebration, Kneesaa and Dameron toasted their success together with a bottle of sunberry wine.
Facing the GoraxEdit
Shortly after the victory, a gigantic, predatory Gorax ventured out into the grounds of the Bright tree tribe. The distressed princess Kneesaa and her friend Wicket enlisted the help of the Rebel heroes Commander Luke Skywalker and General Leia Organa to reset the Gorax traps, which had been re-purposed for taking out the Imperial All Terrain Scout Transports during the Battle of Endor. Once they arrived at the location the traps, the group immediately encountered the Gorax, and was forced to scatter. As the creature pushed Skywalker and Organa into a corner, Kneesaa and her friend managed to climb up a tree where one of the log traps was installed, and called Organa for help. Kneesaa threw the general her spear, which she used to cut a rope while Skywalker faced the giant, creating a diversion. Finally, Skywalker lured the Gorax right in front of the trap, and lend Organa his lightsaber. With the rope cut at last, the giant trunk swung into the predator, throwing it into a nearby swamp where it fell unsconscious. As Skywalker thanked Organa and retrieved his lightsaber, Princess Kneesaa and Wicket cheered, breaking into a happy dance.
Flying with the GhostEdit
In the immediate aftermath of the Battle of Endor, Kneesaa and Wicket also befriended Chopper, an old astromech droid that belonged to Rebel general Hera Syndulla, and the Ewoks attempted to teach the droid how to use a spear. However, the training session was interrupted when Syndulla came to inform the droid that the comm/scan of her starship, the Ghost, had picked up a couple stray Imperial TIE fighters heading for the Ewoks' village. Because they did not have time to gather any more crew members, Syndulla thought that only she and Chopper would have to do. The droid, however, brought Princess Kneesaa and her friend aboard without his owner's knowledge. Although the general was disatisfied at first, Kneesaa and the other Ewok did wonders handling the ship's turrets, despite their small stature. Having proved their mettle in Syndulla's eyes, Kneesaa and her friend chattered excitedly as the Ghost took them home.
Behind the scenesEdit
Kneesaa first appeared in the 2015 non-canon video game Disney Infinity 3.0. She was later introduced in canon in the 2015 reference book Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know. Kneesa made her first canon appearance in the second season of the animated micro-series Star Wars: Forces of Destiny, she was voiced by Shelby Young. Kneesaa was originally introduced in Star Wars Legends in the 1984 book How the Ewoks Saved the Trees: An Old Ewok Legend, written by James Howe.
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Traps and Tribulations" (First canonical appearance, simultaneous with "Chopper and Friends")
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Chopper and Friends" (First canonical appearance, simultaneous with "Traps and Tribulations")
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- "Looking for Leia"—Star Wars Insider 161
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Traps and Tribulations"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Chopper and Friends"
- ↑ Disney Infinity 3.0
- ↑ screenshot) (
- ↑ How the Ewoks Saved the Trees: An Old Ewok Legend
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 According to Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Kneesaa succeeded her father Chirpa shortly after the Battle of Endor, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places in 4 ABY.