- "Who knows, maybe this will be just another milk run. By the red seas of Knores, we sure could use one to fill up the next several hours."
- ―A smuggler discusses a business proposition with a partner
Knores was a Mid Rim world located in the Senex sector that was famous for its red seas. The world also featured a deep equatorial trench, appealing cities, and violent weather. By 3630 BBY, the seismologist Fez Burba hypothesized that a civilization once existing on Knores had been rendered extinct due to shifts in Knores' crust. Millennia later, the world was ruled by the aristocratic House Viholn.
Knores was a terrestrial world located in the Knores system of the Senex sector, a part of the Senex-Juvex region in the Western Reaches portion of the Mid Rim. It was linked via hyperlanes to the Adoris, Nars, and Senex systems.
The world's surface featured red seas, for which it was famous, and a deep trench was located on Knores' equator. Knores was a beautiful world, although its weather conditions were exceptionally violent.
At some point around 3630 BBY, the seismologist Fez Burba claimed that a civilization that had once existed on Knores had gone extinct due to shifts of the world's crust. In response, the commander of the Eternal Alliance sent a companion to Knores. The companion then traveled into the world's equatorial trench in order to confirm the hypothesis advanced by Burba.
At some point between 4 ABY and 9 ABY, the Zarian con artist Woetar offered a business proposition to a smuggling duo on the planet Antiquity. One of the smugglers then mentioned the seas of Knores to the other while expressing the need to accept the Zarian's proposal in order to stave off boredom.
The seismologist Fez Burba hypothesized by 3630 BBY that a civilization that once existed on Knores had gone extinct due to that world's tectonic activity. When the aristocratic Ancient Houses established themselves as the rulers of the Senex-Juvex region at some point following the Battle of Ruusan of 1000 BBY, Knores came to be controlled by House Viholn.
Behind the scenes
Knores was introduced in "Free Time," a roleplaying adventure written by Gary Haynes for use with West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game and published in the 1992 supplement The Politics of Contraband. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the world in grid square L-17.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne (Mentioned only)
- (First mentioned)
- (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne—Archaeology Crew Skill mission: "The Burba Assignment"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic's lead designer, Charles Boyd, the events of the digital expansion Knights of the Eternal Throne take place in 3630 BBY. The Crew Skill mission "The Burba Assignment" is part of the Knights of the Eternal Throne expansion and therefore also takes place in that year. — According to
- The roleplaying adventures published in The Politics of Contraband, including "Free Time," are set in the time period between the Battle of Endor and the events of Heir to the Empire. The New Essential Chronology dates the former to 4 ABY, and The Essential Reader's Companion sets the latter in 9 ABY.