Knox was a male Nautolan Jedi Padawan apprenticed to Jedi Master Halsey during the Clone Wars. Alongside his master, he partook in the Republic defense of the Temple of Eedit, which was on the planet Devaron. The two were initially successful in defeating the battle droids, but were made quick work of after Savage Opress entered the battle.
- ―Knox's last words, upon the death of Halsey
At least one year into the Clone Wars, Knox and his master Halsey, along with several clone troopers were stationed at the Temple of Eedit on the planet Devaron which at the time was being used as a Galactic Republic base. The Separatist Droid Army sought control of the base, and so the two Jedi were there to protect it. As the battle began, Knox and Halsey made short work of the incoming battle droids, however, the tide of the battle was turned when Savage Opress, Count Dooku's newly appointed apprentice was deployed in order to assist the failing droids in the battle. Halsey ordered Knox to stay back as he ran to engage Savage by himself, but he proved no match for the Zabrak and was subsequently killed. Knox, witnessing his master’s death, charged towards Opress seeking revenge, but the much stronger warrior swiftly threw him headfirst into the door of the temple, ending his life.
Shortly after the massacre, hologram footage of the battle surfaced and Delta Squad, an elite squad of Clone commandos, were sent out in order to retrieve the two fallen Jedi's bodies. Their mission was a success and the group subsequently arrived back on Coruscant to return them. They were greeted by Obi-Wan Kenobi, Adi Gallia, Plo Koon and Saesee Tiin who concluded that the massacre was a sign of a new major threat to the Republic.
Near to the end of the Clone Wars, Grand Master Yoda traveled to the Wellspring of Life in order to seek the answers to immortality. Soon after he arrived, he was greeted by beings known as Force Priestesses who put him through difficult trials to test him. The final trial faced Yoda receiving a vision of a peaceful Jedi Temple where the Clone Wars never occurred. Many fallen Jedi were present such as Knox, which lead Yoda to realize that it was a vision, causing him to wake up, where he was told by the Priestesses that he still had more test to overcome, and that was on the Sith homeworld of Moraband. Knox later appeared in a dream to Luke Skywalker during his mission to Devaron.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny" (Vision to Yoda)
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure (Appears in dream)
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure audiobook (Appears in dream)
- The Weapon of a Jedi, Part 2 (Appears in dream)
- (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In "Heroes on Both Sides," Mina Bonteri states that her husband was killed during a battle on Aargonar that occurred at least one year prior. As a result, the events of "Heroes on Both Sides" take place at least one year into the Clone Wars. Since places "Monster" after "Heroes on Both Sides," it can be concluded that "Monster" also takes place at least one year into the war.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny"
- ↑ The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- ↑ "The Nautolan Jedi from Luke's dream isn't Kit Fisto, but Knox. Knox is Halsey's Padawan, cut down by Savage Opress at the Temple of Eedit in the Clone Wars episode "Monster.""