The Kom'rk-class fighter, also known as the Gauntlet starfighter, was a type of starfighter and troop transport used by the Mandalorian splinter faction known as Death Watch during the Clone Wars. The fighters were utilized as part of a move by Death Watch leader Pre Vizsla to end Satine Kryze's pacifist rule of Mandalore and restore the Mandalorians to their former warrior past. These ships were later used by Darth Maul's Shadow Collective army during battles on Zanbar, Ord Mantell, and Vizsla Keep 09. During each of these battles, Darth Maul utilized a gauntlet fighter called the Nightbrother, colored red and black rather than the normal white and blue color scheme, as a transport and a Shadow Collective flagship. During the reign of the Galactic Empire, a gauntlet fighter known as the Splendour was owned by the Besalisk criminal Galus Vez, who used it to race opponents on his private racing track, the Fool's Run.
30 years after the Battle of Endor, the retired pirate Delphi Kloda owned a Gauntlet called the Sparrowhawk, which he lent to his former protege Bazine Netal. The Mandalorian Protectors used a similar fighter known as the Fang fighter.
During the Clone Wars, the Death Watch used several of these fighters to evacuate their hideout at one of Concordia's mines. Death Watch then prepared several of these fighters to take part in taking Sundari when the Republic's Grand Army would arrive to occupy Mandalore. However, when the Republic did not occupy Mandalore, Death Watch broke their ties with the Confederacy and took their fighters to their camp on Carlac.
Death Watch's commander Pre Vizsla and his second in command, Bo-Katan Kryze then took one of their fighters and found two Zabraks; Former Sith Lord Darth Maul and his brother, Nightbrother Savage Opress. Vizsla then took them to his camp on Zanbar. Together, they agreed to form an alliance with Maul and other criminal syndicates. Maul, Vizsla and their forces then took their fighters to Black Sun's Mustafar base, Gardulla the Hutt's Palace on Nal Hutta, and Jabba the Hutt's Palace on Tatooine.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Kom'rk-class fighter)
- Star Wars: Armada – Chimaera Expansion Pack (Card: )
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (First identified as Kom'rk-class fighter/transport)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot"
- ↑ Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part One
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Imperial Super Commandos"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Twin Suns"
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Star Wars: Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir
- ↑ "Ring Race"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 1
- ↑ "The Perfect Weapon"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"