- "A Koorivar's horn is a Koorivar's pride."
- ―Sheb Valaad's father
Biology and appearance
A tall near-human sentient, the Koorivar craniums were studded with several small twisting horns, all of which surrounded a central spiraling one. In addition to their cranial horn, the Koorivar were marked by banded ridges that studded their brows and nose.[source?]
Society and culture
Koorivar prided themselves on their central horns, which could signify one's wealth and status. Great prestige was set upon individuals who fashioned specially sculpted horns, at least to the Koorivar who sported such themselves. A colonial species, the Koorivar had migrated and adapted to dominate many worlds.
Native to a lost world, the Koorivar were without a homeworld until sometime in galactic history when they settled on a planet they named Kooriva. During the Clone Wars, when Kooriva Senator Passel Argente led his world to join the Confederacy of Independent Systems, many of the Koorivar remained loyal to the Galactic Republic and relocated to Antar 4, where they joined local resistance movements against the Confederacy. The rest of the society stayed on Kooriva and accepted Separatist rulership on their planet.
Behind the scenes
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Koorivar)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 8 (Helmets: General Grievous) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 33 (Databank A-Z: Admiral Kilian–Kowakian)
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Rise of the Separatists
- "The Separatists" – Star Wars Encyclopedia