- "Republic forces have made landfall on Korriban and sacked the Sith Academy."
- ―Sergeant Tarsten
The Korriban Incursion was a battle that occurred in 3638 BBY during the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. The Republic's objective in the battle was to retrieve a set of data from the Dark Council's chamber in the Sith Academy on the planet Korriban.
The initial assault titled Wave One managed to breach the Valley of the Dark Lords before being halted by the strong Imperial defenses. The second wave, which consisted of four Republic heroes, reinforced their position, taking out the four key Imperial ground commanders before facing Lord Renning and killing him. They then had to help Republic forces decide whether or not to free the Imperial slaves, as it was not within their mission parameters. They then made their way into the Sith Academy.
Inside the Academy, the heroes defeated Sith instructors to unlock the turbolift to the Dark Council Chamber. Once they ascended the turbolift, the heroes fought their way to the Chamber and defeated Darth Soverus. Jedi Commander Jensyn arrived with reinforcements and struck down the Sith, but not before Soverus mentioned an 'old man' having foreseen the conflict.
The main heroes returned to Colonel Rian Darok and Theron Shan for a mission debriefing, but word of the concurrent Assault on Tython forced them and a large group of the Republic forces to leave the assault to help retake the Jedi planet. The Sith Empire would retake Korriban shortly afterward and kill the large occupation force of Jedi and Republic troopers, killing many powerful Jedi knights as well as masters in the process.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Mission: "Forged Alliances, Part I" on Vaiken Spacedock
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Star Wars: The Old Republic—[TACTICAL] Flashpoint: "Korriban Incursion: Republic"
- ↑ Using information from the novel The Old Republic: Annihilation and Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire, the events of Game Updates 2.0 through 3.3 for Star Wars: The Old Republic can be placed in the time period between 3640 BBY and 3637 BBY. According to The Old Republic lead designer Charles Boyd (screenshot), the game's events can be assumed to occur in a timeline matching that of their real-time release. Therefore, the events of Game Update 2.7: Invasion can be placed in approximately 3638 BBY.
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 5.13 5.14 Star Wars: The Old Republic—[TACTICAL] Flashpoint: "Korriban Incursion: Empire"