- "Be careful. They're very poisonous."
- ―Jango Fett
Kouhuns, also known as Indoumodo kouhuns, were small, multi-legged arthropods from the jungle planet of Indoumodo that were able to deliver a deadly venom to their victims. The lethal creatures were sometimes employed by assassins to poison targets.
Kouhuns were arthropods that hailed from the jungle planet of Indoumodo, although they were adaptable enough to thrive on almost any world. Able to grow to a length of thirty centimeters, the kouhun had a segmented carapace and stingers on the front and rear of its body that could deliver poison from the creature's venom gland. They crawled on multiple legs, and could slink their way across almost any surface. They were known for their ability to evade security, and their venom, once injected into a victim, was typically fatal within minutes. Their highly potent venom was particularly effective against humanoid species. They could be used in assassination attempts, and were starved before release. After their release, the kouhuns headed straight for warm-blooded life forms. It was virtually impossible to trace them back to the user.
Bounty hunter Zam Wesell used a pair of kouhuns in her second attempt to assassinate Senator Padmé Amidala while on Coruscant. The creatures were given to her by her colleague Jango Fett, who felt that a more subtle approach would succeed in finally killing the senator. The creatures were loaded into a ASN courier droid, which flew to Amidala's apartment, cut through her bedroom window and quietly released the pair of deadly creatures into her room. The kouhuns fell onto the floor and started making their way to the sleeping Amidala's bed. When R2-D2, who was in the senator's room guarding her, detected something and turned on his lights to scan the room, the kouhuns froze. Once the droid went dark, they crawled up to where the senator slept. Anakin Skywalker, who was in the next room, was able to perceive through the Force that Amidala was in deadly peril. He quickly rushed into Amidala's chamber and deftly sliced the creatures in half with a couple swings of his lightsaber. Obi Wan Kenobi sensed it too.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Uprising (Mentioned only)
- ; image #6 of 35 (First identified as kouhun)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
(First identified as Indoumodo kouhun)
- ; image #9 (of 29)