- "As with all our cakes, this old-fashioned favorite from Kowak is made from scratch using only the finest ingredients. The delectable cribblycrunch topping is sure to please even the most discriminating monkey-lizard."
- ―The menu of Dex's Diner
Kowakian crumb cake was a type of cake that originated on the planet Kowak. It had a cribblycrunch topping and was cylindrical in shape, with a dollop of white icing on each piece. At some point prior to its destruction during the first two years of the Galactic Empire's reign, the eatery known as Dex's Diner on the planet Coruscant sold the crumb cake for 2.7 credits per slice. The menu of the diner described the Kowakian crumb cake as an old-fashioned favorite that was made from scratch using only the finest ingredients. It also claimed that the cake's cribblycrunch topping could satisfy Kowakian monkey-lizards, who were native to Kowak.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Kowakian crumb cake was created for the film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, released on May 16, 2002. It was first pictured in the accompanying reference book Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary, published on April 23, 2002. The cake was then identified in "Dining at Dex's," a 2009 Hyperspace-exclusive article which was written by Gregory Walker and formatted as an in-universe menu.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- (First identified as Kowakian crumb cake)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary (First pictured)
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Last of the Jedi: Underworld established that Dex's Diner was destroyed by the Galactic Empire. The Essential Reader's Companion later stated that the novel took place around the year 18 BBY. The New Essential Chronology states that the Empire was formed in 19 BBY, so Dex's Diner was destroyed either during 19 BBY or 18 BBY.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- The New Essential Chronology dates the events of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, including the appearance of Kowakian crumb cake, to 22 BBY.
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary