Kowakian monkey-lizards, also known as Kowakians, sometimes referred to as monkeys, were a race of semi-sentient reptilian creatures often used by members of the underworld as pets. Owners of Kowakians included Jabba Desilijic Tiure, Hondo Ohnaka, and Emil Graf. They were capable of using weapons such as the blaster and, in the case of Pikk Mukmuk, a pirate tank. One Kowakian became a bounty hunter and turned the Wookiee Chewbacca over to the Galactic Empire. They were related to the much larger Kowakian ape-lizard. Due to their appearance they were often mistaken for pests. Monkey-lizards were quite intelligent and capable of mimicking almost any language.
- "Kowakian monkey lizards—biggest pain this side of the galaxy. I hate those things! Hate 'em!"
- ―Poe Dameron
Kowakian monkey-lizards were impish creatures hailing from the planet Kowak. They were known for their shrill laughter and sophisticated senses of humor. A notable Kowakian monkey-lizard was Salacious B. Crumb, who served as court jester in Jabba's Palace during the reign of the Galactic Empire.
Roasted Kowakian monkey-lizards could be purchased on Nevarro. When bounty hunter Din Djarin arrived in Nevarro City, he passed a roasted monkey lizard stand, where a still-living monkey-lizard, caged, looked out in fear.
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "The Chase with Han/Escape with Chewbacca"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Gambit on Geonosis" (In flashback(s))
Notes and references
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 12 (Databank A-Z: Cosians–Dagobah)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Creatures – "Kowakian monkey-lizards"
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured"
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 3: The Sin"
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Creature Stall